Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Touchdown Tuesday ... The Return!

Many years have gone by since Touchdown Tuesday felt the need for a post.  There are countless other Football blogs and podcasts and pretty much anything you could want to get the rambling thoughts that will be plastered on this wall ... but it's time for the return, time for the ramblings, time for this plaster to hit the fan!

First Things First

Let me re-clear the air ... I am a Panthers fan so there may be some bias and lean towards my team.  I also don't believe in fair and take that across the board.  And lastly, I may not be consistent!  Just a warning ... I love writing this and talking about football but I love other things more that may take priority.

Now that all of that mess is out of the way let's talk some football!

Suffer the Colinsequences

Feel free to use that as your Fantasy Football name by the way!  The overarching news in the slow season of sports has been Colin Kaepernick.  I have no problem with his protest or how he went about it (I wouldn't have done it that way but it worked).  I have all kinds of problems with his pig socks, Castro shirt, and general disdain for police as a whole.  He is doing to cops what he says shouldn't be done to people ... judging them all by their group!

And media has taken their side ... That its just the kneeling that is causing no team to want him.  I'd disagree and I have proof!  The highest paid non-QB in the league is Broncos Linebacker Brandon Marshall.  Guess what ... he knelt during the anthem.  He is not wearing pig socks or arguing with reporters and people love him (me included!)


Plus, people have forgotten that he was a back up when all this got started, about to be cut in fact!  I was of the belief then that it was all a stunt because after that how could the 49ers cut him without huge outrage!  Now its turned into he deserves a spot ... no-one deserves anything and the weight of the problems he brings is higher than the reward of paying him.

By the way, remember that he was NOT a starter when all the kneeling started.  I said then it was a publicity stunt because rumor was the 49ers were about to cut him and how could they do that with him making this stand!?!  Just sayin ...

Phone Home

Elliott ... ELLIOTT (read that in your best ET voice!)  So many kids go crazy their first year of college, away from home with some freedom and a ton of people.  I believe that's what's happening

with Ezekiel Elliott.  Guy just went from being top dog and doing whatever he wanted with little to no consequences in college to being top dog and doing whatever he wants with little to no consequences AND having millions of dollars to support that!  He's gotta get it under control and pretty quick though, you're an adult man.  Call home and see what your mom says about your actions!

Side Note

I'm way confused how the NFL is handling this situation. There was a 6 game policy established when the Ray Rice outrage happened but it isn't consistent at all.  It would make more sense to have a case by case basis policy.  Now they are talking about 1 or 2 games for this domestic abuse issue, unless they are looking at something else ... which is entirely possible and in fact Jerry Jones alluded to that last night in the Hall of Fame game.  Ultimately who knows!?!?

Finally Fantasy

 I just finished finalizing the details with my co-commissioner for our league this year and I am super
pumped!  Also I may be starting a league with my wife which would also be super fun!  I get super excited about this stuff and there are a ton of great fantasy players that I'm excited about this year ... much more to come on that!



Let me know what you want to hear or any thoughts on Touchdown Tuesday moving forward!


No comments:

Post a Comment