Friday, February 19, 2010

"Look within myself"

I just finished listening to Tiger Wood's "apology" address. He said all the right things, not read very well but I came away incredibly sad - for him. Not because of what he did or his fall from grace or his effect on this nation & this world, but because he can't beat it.

Simply because he can't beat it.

He said that he was raised Buddhist, which honestly I had forgotten, and it in this spirituality that he needed to reconnect - to himself. But where did these desires come from? Where did they originate? From within himself.

Tiger has been & will continue to attempt some behavioral modification, & he may be successful in his efforts, but it will not change who he is, & I don't say that to condemn him. He may be able to change but his soul will stay empty, the same way mine was, & all of ours were until we accept our need for a Savior.

This behavioral modification is what we Christians try as well, what we depend on many times, whether we realize it or not, to draw us into the favor of Christ. Because I have believed, all of my sins are forgiven, not by anything I have done.

Behavioral modification doesn't bring me to Christ, it is a result of drawing closer to Him and understanding in different ways at different times what His ways are. It takes love & trust in Him that as Creator His way is the best way. What that means is His Laws are meant for my joy and my satisfaction in Him, & He is most Glorified when I am most satisfied in Him.

He is most Glorified when I am most satisfied in Him.

When was the last time I meditated on His Law all night long - or I loved Him so much that His Law was sweeter than honey?

Usually that honey is diluted by coffee & creamer now-a-days.



Psalm 119:97,103

97 Oh, how I love your law!
I meditate on it all day long.

103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!

(I hope & pray the Spirit moves in Tiger's life & so many others like him)

No comments:

Post a Comment